The American College of Rheumatology’s Collaborative Initiatives (COIN) Department highlights rheumatology to an extensive network by using rheumatic diseases as case studies for treating complex disease, advancing health equity, eliminating health disparities, and improving quality of patient lives. ACR’s COIN department manages The Lupus Initiative® (TLI) which is a multi-faceted education program designed to reduce disparities and improve outcomes among people with lupus. The initiative is dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment, and management of lupus in populations disproportionately affected based on race, ethnicity, and gender.
TLI provides teaching and learning resources for health care professionals, patients and supporters. The goals of these educational resources are to increase the number of medical professionals with knowledge and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of lupus, to lessen missed and misdiagnoses, to improve communication toward greater patient adherence to treatment regimens, and to increase the number of patients who take an active role in their disease management.
- Working Group - ACR Collaborative Initiatives (COIN) Department recognizes the following Working Group for their support and commitment to our mission of advancing health equity, eliminating health disparities, and improving the quality of patient lives:
- Staff - The Lupus Initiative®, a program of the American College of Rheumatology’s Collaborative Initiatives, is staffed by dedicated professionals. Meet them here.
- Partners - The Lupus Initiative® collaborates with a variety of organizations, individual experts, and other stakeholders to meet its objectives. View a list of TLI's partners and collaborators.
- Current Projects - Exciting projects are underway at the Lupus Initiative®, all aimed at raising awareness of lupus and eliminating the associated health disparities. Learn about TLI's current projects.
- Newsroom - The Newsroom contains the latest news, press releases, and other announcements related to the Lupus Initiative®. Get the latest information here.