Watch this ten-part video series for an overview of lupus.
Video series topics:
- Types of lupus and signs & symptoms
- Lupus flares
- Health disparities in lupus
- Patient-physician relationship
- Fatigue in lupus and the importance of adequate rest
- Pain and pain management for people with lupus
- Lupus fog, a common term for the difficulty in focusing and memory loss that affects some people with lupus
- Physical appearance and self esteem
- Diet and exercise
This educational resource on lupus and health disparities was developed and produced by The Lupus Initiative® in partnership with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health, The Lupus Initiative Consortium and a host of experts in rheumatology, health disparities and lupus research – many of whom are named below. Others, not named here, and members of The Lupus Initiative Consortium, provided feedback at every stage of development which was integral to the quality of these materials. We hope you will use and share them liberally.
Lupus What You Should Know: Patient DVD
Contributors and Editors
Cristina Drenkard, MD. Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, Emory University Rollins School of Public Health.
S. Sam Lim, MD, MPH. Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Emory University School of Medicine.
Kim Schofield. Emory University School of Medicine, Grady Hospital Lupus Clinic.