The Lupus Companion©
The Lupus Companion is a mobile app for tracking symptoms, medications, and appointments. Developed by doctors, with significant input from patients, the app helps you monitor your flares, allowing your doctor to devise an appropriate treatment plan. The more you use it, the more it helps.
With the Lupus Companion, you can:
- Track your pain, fatigue, and other symptoms as they occur.
- Monitor your overall disease activity.
- Keep an accurate record of your condition.
- Keep track of your medications and dosages.
- Keep your providers’ names, contact information, and notes in one place.
- Keep track of appointments.
- Get answers to basic questions about lupus.
- Share the information with your doctors.
Your doctors can:
- View your entries over time in a graph
- Review your answers to a questionnaire for monitoring disease activity
- Keep track of your medications and dosages
- Know when you have appointments with other doctors
- Possibly help you identify triggers and trends that affect your health
The Lupus Companion is an educational tool. It is not a medical device. It is not a substitute for a medical device, medical care or medical advice. It does not provide diagnosis, care, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of any disease. If you have questions or concerns about individual health matters or management of your disease, please consult your lupus care team.
This project was supported by Grant Number 7 MPCMP111064-01-00 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health (HHS, OMH) in partnership with the Office on Women’s Health (OWH) and Office of the Surgeon General (OSG). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the American College of Rheumatology and do not necessarily represent the official views of the HHS, OMH.